- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 TBLS. packed brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (from the can)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut into cubes
- Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil for frying
In a large bowl mix together the first seven ingredients (the dry ingredients).
In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add the wet ingredients (the milk through the vanilla) and mix well.
Peel, core and cut the apple into small cubes.
Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir gently just until well combined.
Gently fold in the cubed apple.
In a large saucepan add about 2 inches of avocado oil to 375 degrees. Drop batter using a cookie scoop into oil and fry about 2 minutes turning until all sides are brown.
Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.