- 5 lb / 2.5 kg American style pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
Chipotle BBQ Sauce (“Sauce”)
- 1 tsp Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil, garlic flavor
- 2 tsp Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil, chipotle flavor
- 14oz / 400g can crushed tomato
- 3.5 oz / 100g can Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, chipotle and sauce (1/2 a standard can)
- 1 large onion (brown, white or yellow), diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar (or 2 tbsp normal white vinegar + 1 tsp sugar)
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce, or other hot sauce. Adjust to taste.
- ½ tbsp salt
- Black pepper
In a large bowl add the oils, tomato, chipotle, garlic, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spread the meat out on a tray, add ¾ of the sauce to the meat, and marinate overnight.
Whean ready to cook, preheat the oven to 325 F. Wrap the ribs with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
Remove from the oven. Add the remaining sauce to the ribs and place them over a grill (previously greased Ahuacatlan Oil). Grill for 10 minutes on each side.
Cut in individual portions and serve.