Do you love CRAB CAKES? Here is a secret; whenever a recipe calls for using butter, switch and use AHUACATLAN AVOCADO OIL. This wonderful oil is not only a healthy replacement of butter; it also TASTES like butter with an extremely high smoke point at 520 degrees F. Where butter burns, avocado oil “SIZZLES,” which turns the crab cakes into a beautiful “golden brown.”
Here is a simple Crab Cake Recipe:
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- 1 tablespoon of minced Green Onion
- 8 ounces of CRAB MEAT
- 1/2 cup of crushed RITZ Crackers
- 2 tablespoons of AHUACATLAN AVOCADO OIL
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayo, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, tarragon, and scallions. Gently stir in crab meat, being careful not to break up meat. Gradually, mix in cracker crumbs, adding until desired consistency is achieve.
Heat AHUACATLAN AVOCADO OIL in a pan at medium heat. Form crab mixture into 4 patties. Once oil is hot, place the patties in the skillet, and cook until golden brown on each side, around 5 to 6 minutes.