- 5 each fish fillet
- 2 pinches of salt
- 5 tbs. All-purpose flour
- 3 tbs. Fresh epazote finely chopped (also called Mexican Tea Leaf)
- 7 tbs. Ahuacatlan Natural
- 2 tbs. de Ahuacatlan Onion
- 1-10oz can of Cream of Corn Coup (Campbell’s or any other brand)
- 2 each chile serrano, finely chopped
- 4 tbs. chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup of water
- Arugula and corn kernels (already boiled) for garnish
Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Let them rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
In a bowl, mix the flour and epazote, and cover each fillet in this mixture.
In a frying pan, add the Ahuacatlan Natural and fry the fillets until they have a crunchy texture. Reserve.
For the sauce, in a large pot, add the Ahuacatlan Onion. When hot, add the chile Serrano, chives, and the Corn Soup and water. Simmer for 10 minutes and season with salt, then simmer for 10 minutes at a time checking flavor until sauce consistency and adding water if needed.
To serve add a spoonful of the sauce in the center of the plate. Place the fillet on top. Garnish with arugula leafs and corn kernels.