- 1 small pie pumpkin, about 3 lbs. and small enough to fit in your slow cooker with the lid
- ¼ cup Ahuacatlan avocado oil, garlic infused
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb lean turkey breakfast sausage, out of the casing
- 1 Granny Smith Green Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Veggie Harmony spice blend
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, hulled
Cut the stem out of the top of the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and membranes in the pumpkin and discard. Season the inside of the pumpkin by pouring in the garlic avocado oil and Worcestershire sauce and coating the interior walls. Place the pumpkin in a gallon deep slow cooker.
In a large skillet, sauté the turkey sausage, apple, and mushrooms until tender. Season with veggie harmony. Fill the pumpkin (that is inside your slow cooker) with the sausage stuffing mixture. Cover with a lid and cook on high setting 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours until pumpkin is tender.
At service, transfer the squash to a large platter. Cut the squash down the sides about 3/4 the way with the filling just staying piled in the middle. Drizzle with additional garlic infused Avocado oil and garnish with chopped fresh rosemary and roasted pumpkin seeds if desired.