- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 14 oz. chicken breast
- 3 carrots, cut in small dice
- 1 tsp. Ahuacatlan oil natural
- 1/3 white Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced and seeds removed
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 1 sprig epazote leaves (also known as Mexican tea)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 each chipotle chiles
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado cut in slices
- Lime to taste
In a medium size pot, heat up the chicken stock and boil the chicken breast in it.
In a separate sauté pan, add Ahuacatlan and sauté the onion, garlic and tomatoes. Then add these ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Add the tomato broth into the chicken soup. Then add the cilantro, epazote, chickpeas, chipotles, carrots and salt to taste. Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the chicken breast, pull it to shred, and add it back into the soup.
Serve and garnish with avocado slices.