- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup lukewarm buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat waffle iron on high heat.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; set aside.
In another bowl, combine the Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil, milk, egg, orange juice and vanilla and whisk to combine.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
Add batter to preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Remove cooked waffles from waffle iron and serve immediately with lots of raspberries.