- 50 grams of achiote paste (look for annato seeds grounded)
- 3 guajillo chiles, deveined, cleaned and soaked in hot water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ White Spanish onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 3.25 lb pork loin, pounded
- 2 tbs Natural Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with tortillas
- Fresh cilantro, onion, pineapple slices and your favorite salsa for garnish
In a blender, add achiote, guajillo chiles, onion, pineapple juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until all ingredients are well mixed. If the blend is too thick to manage, add a little bit of water or more pineapple juice. This mix will be used to marinade the pork.
Place the pork in a non-reactive glass container to marinade. Add the achiote mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Heat up a sautee pan to medium heat, add the Ahucatlan Oil and sautee the meat until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and serve over tortillas.
You may garnish the tacos with fresh cilantro, pineapple slices, onion and your favorite salsa.