- 3 Tbs Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs flour
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 2 lbs (900 g) artichoke bottoms, drained if using canned, thawed if using frozen. And some extra for garnishing
- 1 cup (250 ml) half-and-half, cream, or milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large saucepan over moderate heat, add Ahuacatlan Avocado Oil and saute the chopped shallot for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Chop the artichoke bottoms coarsely and puree them in an electric blender or food processor, adding a little of the chicken stock if necessary. Add the artichoke puree and half-and-half to the soup, stir and heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.
Serves 4 to 6.